Deep Thoughts Monday: Disney is Getting Real

9:00 AM

I love Disney shows. You love Disney shows. No matter how old you are... You love Disney shows. Conveniently Netflix has a lot of these new Disney shows. Oh my cheese puffs are they different from Hannah Montana.

A spinoff of an old show is on there... It's called: Girl Meets World. I was so surprised when one of the episodes talking about Autism while another episode targeted cyberbullying. In Liv and Maddie, the main character rejects the guy she likes because it's not right. Disney is getting so real with these shows... I LOVE IT!! Instead of giving children unrealistic expectations of middle school and high school... AHEMMMMM HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL... Children can actually see that there are problems in high school... Realistic problems. Now children are at least slightly prepared to meet people who are different from them and embrace the unique selves they are. To be honest, these shows actually helped me to be more confident in who I am. Disney is making a positive impact on the next generation and unlike before where Disney ruined my high school expectations, I think kids are going to be more prepared for a realistic side of high school. I mean of course, it's Disney, it's still going to be rainbows and unicorns but at least they're addressing some problems of today. Until next time, stay cool ma beans. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images