Flashback Friday: Memories

10:08 PM

Have you ever listened to a song or watched a movie and the memories that floods back is so overwhelming that you get teary eyed?? Just me?? Well, I have a lot of those moments, so I am here to tell you about them.


The first memory that I want to share is the most important one for me. It is connected to my first Korean drama: Goong/Princess Hours. When my mom showed me this drama, I think I was still in third or fourth grade, and I was still in Rainbow Unicorn Land. My parents weren't very wealthy during that time since they just moved to America. We still lived in a rented home with the landlord. It was two separate houses in one yard. The back yard was a really big empty cement pool that was never filled for the time that I was there, the front yard was filled with avocado trees. When I first saw that house, I loved it because I was simple and inviting. My neighbors also had kittens that I fed everyday. I had spent nights watching that drama with my mom and she would explain to me what was going on. Each time I hear any soundtrack from that drama, I would be brought back to that little house, where I got my first hamster, where I memorized the fifty states, where I talked to my grandpa, and where I had to crawl through the window three times because my dad forgot his keys. 

The second is actually the movie Gnomeo and Juliet. It's cheesy and childish but this was the first English movie that I watched. This actually have a back story and this takes place after I moved from Rainbow Unicorn Land. I moved when I was in sixth grade, and on the first day, I met this group of girls who were super nice and everything, but then two of the girls were super close with each other. We were all going to see a movie once, and this was the movie, my mom thought that it would be dangerous if I went out alone... Being that I was only twelve back then, so I couldn't go. The following day, they were all talking about it, and I was left out once more, so this became the first movie that I watched. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images