College Confidential: What You Should You Do BEFORE Essays

9:30 AM

I have two college counselors looking out for me right now and I gotta say... They give some pretty solid advice. Since y'all are family, let me tell you what I have learned...



  1. Choose your colleges: Do not choose the colleges for the prestige, choose it for your major. When picking your dream school(s) make sure you like the students and environment there.
  2. Create a college list: This is basically a list of colleges you want to attend. Make sure that it matches up to the major you select.
  3. Create a spreadsheet: On the spreadsheet there should be the tuition of the college, deadlines, what type of application software they use (UC or Common App), the link to the application requirements. 
  4. List of awards/honors and any volunteer services you have done in the past: Make sure you only put down the awards you've earned since high school. DO NOT LIE ON THIS PART!! I know it's tempting but if colleges find out, then you are burnt toast. 
  5. Supplements: If your college uses Common Apps then they probably have essay questions that are specific to their college. Don't forget these!!
  6. Now you are set to go on your essays!!
I hope this have helped you because this is all of the information I did not know until I asked around. Until next time, stay cool ma beans. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images