Dear Parents

9:53 AM

Dear Parents from All Over the World,
Most of you guys have no idea what's going on in school with your children, so I'm here to give you a little insight on the time period during your child's teenage years. Before high school, please don't pressure your kids to do well because in reality it does not help the child at all in high school. Colleges don't care about the middle school records, so by putting pressure on your child, you can only get a stressed child. Once in high school, during Freshman year try to understand the transition, and try to sit down with your child to plan out their 4 years. My mother did this with me, so it made me feel less stressed for the future, and it set out a path for me that is flexible. As a freshman, it is overwhelming to walk into such a big school and be in a class with no one that you know, so cool down a bit, and don't get on their case. It's a pretty chill year, and colleges don't look at your freshman year either, so don't worry about it. When sophomore hits, you need to understand that your child is going to sleep around 11-12 or one or two hours after their original bed time. You might think that they are tired, and yea they are, but once your body's circadian rhythm matches up, then they will no longer feel tired. This is what happened to me. My mom would often tell me to sleep early, however that is just no longer possible because this year matters a lot. Get ready for a hard working year. Listen to your child when they complain instead of telling them to stop complaining because this year is even more of a bigger transition from middle school to high school because this year, pressure is on in school to join more clubs, school activities, and joining academic teams. Sit down every year with your child and ask them what they are planning on doing. Every student should be in an academic team, at least 2-3 clubs, have a stable volunteer event, and a officer position. Once you get this package you will need to make sure that they know something other kids does not know how to do. My parents would often question me on why I'm doing so many different things, well, I want to do something great with my life that makes an impact, and I'm sure that your child does too, so support what ever they do (not drugs and bad stuff), they need it. Lastly don't forget to boost their self confidence whenever you can just because you don't know what is going on. Until next time, see ya parents. 

XOXO,
A

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images