Memorial Weekend 2K16: Getty Visit + an Engagement

7:11 PM

OLO ma beans!! So I took some time off today to visit one of my favorite places on Earth... Just to treat myself after AP tests and math tests. I am just treating myself too much these days... Yesterday was good food and today is good art. My world's most important two things: food and art. I actually went to the Getty in hopes of seeing their new cave painting exhibit but then there weren't any tickets so I'm planning on revisiting sometime during the summer.

The cutest thing happened while I was there... Since the view was so terrific, I decided to do a quick sketch of the building... I was drawing there were two couples sitting in front of me. And half way through my sketch while I was drawing out the leaves to the three trees on the left, one of the couples proposed!! I literally just captured their engagement with tree leaves. This has just made my day. They were so happy and it was just so nice. It wasn't a big gesture and they were just having a picnic. It's just so cute... Kinda make me feel single but during the moment I was too focused on their proposal to have these selfish thoughts but now that I'm writing this... I feel kinda selfish... Some tips though, for those who are planning on visiting the Getty any time soon. First, DO NOT VISIT during a holiday of some sort. I know it's a great spot to hang out during the holidays but it really isn't. There are a ton of tourists and people just like you who thought museum visiting is a good idea.
SECONNNDDD, make sure you have this thing called "patience"... Normally if you go to the Getty on a regular weekend, the museum is basically empty and there are barely any people there but during the holidays, the entrance is crammmmmeeddd with traffic so be prepared to wait for around thirty minutes before even getting into the parking structure. Lastly, bring a jacket, it gets pretty cold there in the middle of the afternoon... I hope all of ma beans, gets to visit this museum some time in the future. Until next time, stay cool ma beans!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images