Reaction Tuesday Part 2: GG Comeback

9:00 AM

If you read my Reaction Tuesday Part 1 then you would know that I wasn't planning on reacting to any of the comebacks (Wonder Girls and SHINee) BUTTTT JUST YESTERDAY... GIRLS GENERATION DROPPED ANOTHER 2 SINGLES AND I AM LOVING BOTH OF THEM SO MUCH.

I rarely like two songs from 1 album because most of the time it's one song that stands out the most, but after hearing both Lionheart and You Think, I can't decide which one I like more. SO FIRST LET'S GET ON WITH THIS....
Lionheart:
To me, Girls' Generation is one of the most perfect groups there can be, but they made a small mistake that a fan noticed which was... In the intro... They spelled their own group name wrong as "Grils Generation". A little awkward but come on people, perfection does not exist. Also, subtle pizza product placement in the beginning of the MV... Don't think we wouldn't notice SM... ( ^ ~ ^ ) The music video concept was a cute + smexy feeling with each of them having their own stories. What I didn't get was the 1920's fashion in the MV. The each individual piece is cute but the I didn't enjoy the fashion during that time.
Speaking of the fashion, how come even Yoona's nails are so pretty. I wear white nail polish all the time and it looks like it's done by a five year old. The beginning also reminded me of the intro for Wonder Girls "I Feel You".
The random lion that came out surprised me because I didn't think that it would liteeerallllllyy be a LION'S HEART. I like how the guys in the girl groups' MV all cheat on the girls and they are clueless about it... Normally when they end the MV without ever finding out but this time, GG just beat him up and I have never been prouder. The lion got what he deserved. Too bad he never took off the mask. The MV perfectly matches up to the music video and honestly I love this song even if I don't know the lyrics. Out of 10 stars, I give them a 9.95 out of 10 just because I only liked the song and not much of the video.
You Think:
ONNNN THE OTHEEERRR HANDDDD... "You Think" is aaaa loootttt smexy. Each of them are wearing chains, black, boots, and leather. When I first heard it, I just thought the tune was catchy. Once more, while the girls are in the tunnels, it reminded me of "Come Back Home" when 2NE1 was walking through the tunnel with light sticks. It's ironic that they talk about being cool and it's literally snowing.
LOL. OOOOO BRANDING FOR NIKE!! Does SM need cash that much.... WHYYY PRODUCT PLACEMENTS??!! The weirdly pink/neon room is a very popular theme right now and I'm glad that they adopted it into the MV because it lightened up the mood a bit. I think my friend is going to learn this choreo again. I don't think Girls' Generation really fits in this MV because they are trying to act "bad". They seem more like a group that sticks to cutesy stuff and matching clothing, so when they headed in the direction of 4Minute, I think they need to do a lot more to make that image happen. So far, they are all matchy matchy and super girly. OMG THAT JUST RHYMED. I bet you guys that Lionheart is going to get more views because of this. The lyrics for this song is a lot more meaningless. Out of 10 stars I would rate this song a 8 out of 10 because for me to like the song I have to not know the lyrics or watch the music video. That sounds bad but I really like the song.
I have reached a solution after writing this post: there can only be one perfect song per album and that song for this album is Lionheart. Yup. I hope you guys enjoyed this week's Reaction Tuesday. I have also uploaded a SoundCloud Reaction to a different song... so if you guys want to hear that, download SoundCloud and search up my username: ahandherbeans. Until next time, stay cool ma beans. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images