Artistic Saturday: Our Ocean Our Trash

8:07 PM

Welcome to Artistic Saturday where I share my most recent piece of artwork. This one is titled: Our Ocean Our Trash. It's almost the summer, so I was thinking about the beach and everything, and of course there is a story to go with this. As I began this art work a few weeks ago, it was not only to enter another competition, but it was rather out of anger. In my high school, it is completely filled with clubs of all sizes and shapes, the most famous ones being of course: Key Club and Interact who charges about $1,000 for a membership. Of course exaggerating. Like why am I paying for volunteer hours? Well anyways, I am a part of this super cute animal club. You must think that all we do is promote animal welfare and all that... Well, we do much, much, much less than that. Instead of disapproving animal testing, we are supporting cancer research, which is basically animal testing. Don't get me wrong, I am also a part of the helping to cure cancer club in my school, but this is not what this club is suppose to be supporting. Anyways, since I was an active member last year in this animal club, I had the greatest chance to become an officer of the club. I became the only Sophmore officer in that club. Instead of having one president, we have two co-presidents who one is too busy to care about this little club and another who only cares about her senior boyfriend. That leaves the officers with a silent secretary, a wannabe track girl, and these two girls who became officers because we didnt have anyone running for those positions. This club went from an 8/10 t0 a -1/10...Check out the rest of the story on my website!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images