WTF Wednesday on a Friday: Tiffany's "Issues"

9:30 AM

OLO ma beans!! After reading a depressing af spam post from me last night, I'm okay now and functioning. I wanted to discuss some recent events involving my bias in Girls Generation, Tiffany. To be honest, I didn't even like GG until really recently when I started listening to Taeyeon's solo songs.

I seriously love how lively and cheerful Tiffany is. Her personality is just da bomb!! If you haven't been caught up with the news yet, Tiffany is getting a lot of hate for posting a picture using the Japanese flag emoji... Whoa big deal right there... I think I see a pattern here... Idols using flags and then getting hate for it?? Hmmmm... This also happened to a specific member in Twice?? She deleted the picture right after but the reason why this got blown up even more was the fact that she used Japan's rising Sun flag in one of her Snapchat stories. I agree that she should apologize and she did... She wrote a hand written letter. To me that's enough, it's a small emoji and she deleted that picture right after. Yes she should suffer more consequences but sending death threats for a emoji is wayyyy too much. She already lost a lot of her jobs which is enough punishment, so making her leave the group is just too much.
I am Asian so I know that many Asians are sensitive about their history and I am too but Tiffany had already shown her regrets for everything. In addition, she did not use these filters on purpose. She just wanted to tell her fans where she was traveling. The fact that the Japanese flag and Korea's Independence Day's connection probably did not even pass through her mind. HOWEVER, just like what I said about BamBam, these people are idols so they are held on another level and they should behave a certain way so Tiffany was just thoughtless. She IS still human though... What do you guys think of this controversy? Comment your thoughts down below. Until next time, stay cool ma beans... 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images