Q&A Thursday: Drug Store Summer Beauty Essentials

9:00 AM

After watching tons of YouTube make up tutorials and essentials, I thought I would create a post about beauty essentials for the cheap people who are out there (like me). I don't have the time to go shopping at Sephora during the weekend, nor do I have the money to spend on $30 foundation. I thought you guys should also know that I have zero experience with make up. I never wear make up unless I'm competing or presenting something, so... Whooooppiiiiidoooooo.... This post is also going to be a little different from the Q&A before since, I didn't ask you guys to send in any questions. Okay let's do this. 

Dream Fresh BB Cream by Maybelline: I don't wear foundation because I think it's too creamy and too heavy for my taste so if I ever need to wear something to even out my skin, I normally use BB cream. This is around $6-7 depending on where you buy it and I'm currently using it.
Baby Skin by Maybelline (pore eraser): This is what I wear on a daily basis because my pores are literally huge. I would wear it as a primer with my BB cream. It gives a matt texture and so I recommend wearing this with something on top just because it looks more natural. You wouldn't want a patch of your skin to be more matt than other patch.
Clean Powder by Covergirl: This cover looks dark green up close but that's beside the point. This is the powder that I wear on top of everything. It's matifying, but after 2-3 hours you have to re-touch if you want to stay matt. I don't usually bring make up with me, so my face is usually shiny by lunch, but it's still less shiny than not wearing powder.
 Color Riche by L'oreal (eyeliner): Current eyeliner is this pencil here. Why did you buy it?? Welll I saw it on sale for $2 at Big Lots so I bought it. Then a few days later I saw the same thing at CVS for $10 so UHHHHHH who is the best shopper ever?? I am!! But seriously, if you go to Big Lots, they sometimes have the best quality stuff all for less than $5.
Remarkable Mascara by Cover Girl: I'm not updated on my mascara because I don't use it that much. I have a tester from Tarte that I've had since last Christmas. Yea... But this is my big tube that I wear. It works fairly well and it kind of clumps, but whatever. I'm not really into mascara.
Brow Stylist by L'oreal:  I'm so sorry guys but I don't fill in my brows normally because I already have thick eyebrows and if I fill them in while I have really little make up on, it looks extremely awkward, so I just leave them alone. But I do fill in my brows for speech competitions and this is what I use.
Smoochies Lipsticks by Cover Girl: I literally wear these lipsticks for any occasion because they are obviously the best. I don't need to wear lip balm under this unlike normal lipsticks which makes me super happy. I currently am using Tweet Me which is this orange reddish color and I have Luv Bug all stored up for a more serious occasion. The colors looks brighter than what they look like close up.
I couldn't find a picture for my eyeshadow palette because I don't have it with me but it is basically three round mineral balls with rose gold, shimmery orange red shadow, and this light brown shimmery color. The second palette that I use often is this Maybelline Eyestudio mineral ball which I think is awesome because it's one small square and it covers everything. 
This is the palette that I use the most. Literally you just take the gold/light brown shade rub it over your lids, then swipe the bottom of the lids, then wow!! Nude eyes!!! It's super natural, trust me on that because I hate heavy makeup. 
That's it for my makeup... I like to keep a neutral look and I don't use heavy make up so all of this will definitely keep you looking fresh all summer long without all the hassle!! Until next time, stay cool ma beans!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images