Life Advice Thursday: Weight Loss

9:00 AM

As you all know, I want to lose 20+ pounds over the summer and don't worry I'm going to make an actual post about MY weight loss challenge before the summer starts so stay tuned for that. BUT I want to talk about the negative point of view on weight loss. Right now social media is promoting "Loving Your Body" and "All Size are Beautiful". I totally agree with all of that but weight loss is not exactly body shaming. Most of my friends weigh from about 95-100 but they are under weight because they are around 5'6"- 5'7" and that's their body type. Me on the other hand is only 5'2" so anything above 110 is over weight. I see a lot of pictures online with models that are not thin and boney but they are plum... Often times there would be lines on the bottom going like, "Love Your Body". Everyone should realize that those people on the pictures are models that are naturally more symmetrical than a normal person. That's why you and me are not on that poster because we are not symmetrical enough. BTW it is scientifically more attractive if your face is more symmetrical. My personal opinion is that both the models and the plus size models both are beautiful so you shouldn't shun one type of model more. I think that if you want to lose weight and achieve the body that you want, then you should be able to do that without someone telling you that you are "body shaming" yourself. Like seriously I'm not shaming my body. I feel unhealthy and I think that if I can lose weight then I can be a better version of myself. I want to be healthier so why is it that when I tell people I want to lose weight, then it is automatically a negative thing. Also, for those people who tell me that "Body shaming is bad." It is my body that is unhealthy right now, so it is not okay for you to decide what I can do and cannot do. If you want to lose weight, go ahead, just know that I support you. Whether you want to lose weight for a guy, or just to get healthier, go right ahead because I will be the one to support you even if no one else is. I also don't think that "plus size" should be promoted and encouraged like what the media is doing now. Girls should be at their healthy weight. If plus sizes are encouraged for short people like me, I will be overweight in no time. If I weighed the same as a plus size model, then I will be obese, no longer overweight, but if I do weigh less than 100 I'm actually at my normal weight just because I am petite. there was a hashtag that just came out that's something like #plussize that I saw yesterday, but the thing is, the people promoting plus sized girls are basically doing the same thing as gyms posting pictures of models that are "beach body ready". They are bascially posting large women and going like, "This size is the new skinny." And to me, that's not promoting healthy body image, that's just promoting hypocrisy. Until next time, stay cool ma beans!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images